LEAP Africa is proud to be part of a global recognition and promotion of the International Youth Day. The United Nations’ (UN) International Youth Day is celebrated on August 12 each year to recognize efforts of the world’s youth in enhancing the global society. The theme of International Youth Day 2017 is “Youth Building Peace” and it is dedicated to celebrating young people’s contributions to conflict prevention and transformation as well as inclusion, social justice, and sustainable peace.
As a way of contributing to the success of the International Youth Day in Nigeria, LEAP Africa in partnership with African Artists’ Foundation, has highlighted various ways of engaging young people (ages 15-30) to contribute to the theme of the day through a social media challenge/contest in the areas of:
– Spoken word art.
– Art works ( photography, artistic drawing, and graphic design.
In line with the Goal 16 of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals dedicated to the promotion of peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, we are leveraging on the power of social media, to promote youthful participation in establishing peace, resolve conflicts, and ensure the sustainability of the Nigeria community.
The competition draws inspiring, creative and impact-driven literary composition from youths across the country and use the resources as a springboard to promote youth-led peace campaign.
The Artwork Challenge is aimed at promoting peace by drawing inspiring and creative art works from youths across the country. LEAP Africa welcome entries from different forms of artworks; paintings, photography, graphics design.
- Eligible youths are expected to follow LEAP Africa’s social media platforms before submission.
- Participant are expected to submit their entries on the International Youth Day( August 12, 2017) by uploading their creative works on their personal Instagram page using the competition hashtags.
- Entries are expected to get at least 100 likes before they can be considered for review.
- One (1) winner is selected from each of the two categories and unveiled one week after the competition.
- An internship or mentor-ship opportunity at the African Artist’s Foundation.
- The prizes will include a position as LEAP Africa’s Youth Ambassador for a year and many more.
Contestants must follow LEAP Africa on their social media pages and post their submissions using the hashtags #LEAPIYD2017 and #Youth4Peace.
It is also important to tag @LEAPAfrica on your post submission.
Winners will be selected and unveiled a week after the competition.
you can also visit the links below for understanding
Visit the Official Webpage of the LEAP Africa International Youth Day Competition 2017