The Making More Health Business Accelerator is a structured business growth program aimed at social entrepreneurs with novel health sector solutions. There are two engagement phases offered by the program.
Phase 1, called the “Pilot Phase”, runs for 12 months and focuses on supporting entrepreneurs to:
- a) identify strategic challenges and/or opportunities related to the growth, sustainability and impact of their social enterprises
- b) co-create and test relevant solutions.
Phase 2, called the “Scale-up Phase” also runs for 12 months and focuses on supporting participants to scale up successful solutions from the first phase of engagement. In both phases, participating entrepreneurs are provided with access to technical support from Boehringer Ingelheim employees, strategic networks, financial resources, and a platform to collaborate, learn and engage with fellow social entrepreneurs and other ecosystem actors.
Area of Focus
The accelerator’s main objective is to encourage social entrepreneurs who have creative ideas for improving healthcare access in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Human healthcare care solutions of interest broadly include any innovation that is tackling barriers to awareness, access, affordability, and availability of healthcare services in underserved communities
Animal Health is a critical part of healthcare, and we are interested in supporting the most innovative solutions tackling barriers to awareness, access, affordability, and availability of animal healthcare
You should apply for the program if you have an innovative human or animal health solution that fits the description provided above and if you meet the criteria below.
- Legal Entity: Company limited by guarantee, Limited liability company, NGO
- Age: At least three years of operation
- Sector: Human or animal health related.
- Country of operation: Ghana, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda.
- Revenue: At least USD 100K in annual sales revenue.
- Impact: Evidence of social impact with clearly defined impact metrics
Benefits of the Program
- Knowledge Access
- Technical Expertise
- Strategic Networks
- Financial and Investor Access support
- Business Collaboration
Registration closes January 13 2023
For more information and how to apply:
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!