MTN Nigeria, the largest telecommunication services provider in Nigeria, has launched a programme called the MTN Budding Entrepreneur Business Grant to provide funding for young entrepreneurs with good business idea/plan.
The MTN Budding Entrepreneur Business Grant, is a first of its kind in terms of aid and assistance to start-ups and small businesses. N30 million will be shared among 3 best business ideas at MTN Leadership seminar with the best idea going home with N20million, while the 2nd runner-up and the third best business idea will go home with N5 million each.
This is coming at a time the Federal Government of Nigeria has taken drastic steps to reduce the level of unemployment in Nigeria by empowering youth with innovative and creative ideas to fund their business with grants of between N1m – N10m to 1200 winner so that they youth can create opportunities for others.
The government empowerment programme tagged Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria YouWiN! It is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.
MTN Leadership seminar is to take place from the 24th -27th April 2012 in Lagos and Port-Harcourt with the brightest idea of them all also getting a 6 month mentorship program with Dr Farrah Gray – world renowned businessman, investor, philanthropist, author, syndicated columnist, and motivational speaker.
HOW TO TAP THIS OPPORYUNITY PROVIDED BY MTN BUDDING ENTREPRENEUR BUSINESS GRANT
- You need to upload your well-written business idea Click here to Upload your Business Idea
- Participation is open to all Registered MTN customers under the age of 40 as at 30/04/12.
- To register, participants are required to fill in the application form and send their business ideas via the www.mtnonline.com/
- The business ideas will be screened and shortlisted participants will be invited for presentation before a panel which will sit at Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. Shortlisted participants will be contacted for the live presentations.
- The best 12 ideas will be shortlisted.
- The 12 finalists will be assisted to package their business plan in partnership with credible associations.
- Dr. Farrah Gray will then review the 12 business ideas and pick the winning ideas
- The winner of the best idea will receive N20m and 6 Months mentoring from Dr. Farrah Gray.
- The next 2 best ideas will receive N5m each to start up and or enhance their business.
4 thoughts on “MTN Nigeria Launches Business Grant for Entrepreneurs”
when is youwin 3 application start?
YouWIN 3 should have started since August 2013, but due to unavoidable logistics problem, youwin 3 cannot start now until this logistics are resolved. It will interest you to know that YouWIn 1 have not been paid all their tranches and that need to be resolved. YouWIN 2 awardees are yet to resolve their first tranche, therefore, the load is too much to carry for now and if they commence the youwin3 without resolving those issues, they will have much problem to solve. Please bear with them.
Is there no any other online grant apart from youwin
Don’t really know but I need money to run a small scale business