OceaHub Africa is launching the second cohort of its six-month online acceleration program to support up to six of Africa’s most promising impact-for-profit startups focused on preserving and restoring the health of the ocean.
The accelerator is on a mission to support ocean-minded start-ups with the express aim of nurturing an environmentally conscious and profitable economy that effectively mitigates the effects of global warming as well as the overexploitation and pollution of the oceans. Leveraging its highly qualified network of stakeholders and facilitators, it will deliver to the accelerated start-ups a program that seeks out sustainable pathways yielding stable profits (ROIs) and avenues for scalable growth throughout Africa.
What You Should Expect
Becoming part of OceanHub Africa portfolio will allow you to:
- Unlock a network of leading ocean experts, mentors (entrepreneurs, investors, innovation experts, impact experts, scientists, lawyers, etc.), impact investors and potential clients.
- Get support to fast-track your growth by acquiring new customers or running your first Proof of Concept, and scaling your business through commercial contracts and fund raises.
- Engage with like-minded entrepreneurs within the Blue Economy space in Africa and abroad.
What we offer
Service Package : Up to $75k worth of cloud services thanks to our partner AWS Activate
Mentorship & Support: Participation to an in-person training bootcamp in Cape Town
Network: Access to networking events and conferences, including a stand and stage time at the Ocean Innovation Africa annual summit.
Fund-Raising Support: Potential funding of up to 10k USD from OceanHub Africa
- Your start-up is ocean-minded: it has a direct or indirect positive impact on the oceans (addressing climate change, pollution or overexploitation of the ocean) and promotes ocean equity
- You are a for-profit and operate in Africa
- You have a scalable service or product available on the market or soon to be available on the market
- Your product or service is clearly innovative and/or your business model is disruptive
- You are looking for investments or new markets
How To Apply
Deadline for application is May 22nd
For more details visit the webpage for OceanHub Africa
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!