The OPEC Fund Annual Award for Development (AAD) honors outstanding contributions to sustainable development with a US$100,000 prize. Established in 2006, the award annually recognizes a different theme of particular relevance to global development.
Theme – Gender Equality and Climate Action
Women and girls are at the forefront of the fight against climate change, and gender equality is critical to mitigate climate impacts: Women’s inclusion in climate discussions, as well as in planning and decision making, is also expected to improve outcomes of climate action.
- nominee must be an established, nongovernmental charitable organization operating in a country or countries other than the OPEC Fund’s 12 member countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela).
- Nominees must be legal entities and have been so for at least three years.
- Nominees must have audited financial statements dating back at least two years.
- Nominees must have expenditures greater than US$1,000,000 (in their most recent audited accounts).
- Nominees may not be local offices of parent organizations, specific programs within organizations, university-based projects, or fiscally sponsored organizations.
Deadline for Nominations is 12th May 2023
The nomination procedure is carried out entirely online. Following the nomination of an organization, the OPEC Fund will contact the nominee directly to request additional information and supporting documents, as appropriate. Furthermore, the OPEC Fund may contact the nominating party for the same reason.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!