The Orange Social Venture Prize aims to promote social innovation by supporting development through information and communication technologies (ICT). In addition to funding of up to 25,000 euros, Orange will provide support to the three winners of the Grand Prize for six months from business and telecoms professionals.
The contest aims to reward the best innovative and socially responsible business projects in Africa and the Middle East. This 8th edition unfolds in two phases: first the candidates participate to a national competition, then an international jury gives a grand prize to the best national winners. At both the national and international step, the viewers of this site can vote to add a name to the jury shortlist. Don’t wait anymore, go for it, apply!
The Prize is awarded to three entrepreneurs or startups created less than three years ago that offer high-tech solutions based on mobiles or the Internet to meet the needs of the poorest populations in Africa and the Middle-East. The Award embodies the Group’s values and commitments in the MEA region.
2018 is the eighth edition of the Social Venture Prize. It was launched in 2011 and was a major event for the teams at our subsidiaries in the region. This year, it evolves in order to reward more startups: a first phase of national competitions will take place in the participating Orange countries (refer to the list of countries in the Rules document online) and each country will designate 3 national winners who will compete automatically at the International Grand Prix.
- Entrepreneurs over the age of 21 and start-ups operating for less than three years can qualify for the Prize. There are no nationality requirements.
- The projects must be implemented in one of the following countries in which Orange operates in Africa and the Middle-East, and listed in the Contest Rules.
- The eligible countries are: Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Botswana, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Mali, Guinea Conakry, Guinea Bissau, Madagascar, Niger, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Jordan and Burkina Faso.
Awards and rules
- 1st Grand Prize: €25,000
- 2nd Grand Prize: €15,000
- 3rd Grand Prize: €10,000
Orange experts provide the winners with customised digital mentoring and advice. These international awards complete the various prizes delivered locally to national winners.
How to Apply:
- The candidates have to submit their application form online at www.entrepreneurclub.orange.com, in the Orange Social Venture Prize section.
- The jury will consider the social and environmental impact of the projects, their degree of innovation, the possibility of expanding the product or service to several countries and the financial viability and feasibility of the projects submitted.
- Registration : March 1 – May 31
- National vote : June 1 – July 2
- International vote : September 25 – October 3
- The deadline for submissions is May 31st, 2018 (9pm GMT).
- The national juries will meet and nominate the 3 national winners by country in September 2018 and the International Grand Jury will meet in October to select the 3 winners of the International Grand Prix.
- The international award ceremony will take place on November 14th at the AfricaCom Awards, the telecoms reference conference in Africa that will be held in Cape Town, South Africa.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly visit the link below to apply
Application Deadline: May 31st, 2018 (9pm GMT).