The RUFORUM Young African Entrepreneurs Competition primary purpose is to promote business innovation through entrepreneurship and provide seed funding to young entrepreneurs with creative and innovative business ideas to be valorized and enhance and foster a spirit of entrepreneurship among African youth. The competition specifically seeks to:
- Provide young entrepreneurs with an opportunity to showcase their businesses and share their development as an inspiration to many young African potential entrepreneurs
- Bring collective action towards the provision of seed funding to young entrepreneurs through a transparent and competitive process.
- Provide a platform for young entrepreneurs to demonstrate their impact and pitch their business with investors and stakeholders through capacity building opportunity.
- Create a network of young entrepreneurs across Africa working together and sharing experiences that escalate youth contribution and job creation in Africa.
- Persons with an established business enterprise and/or those with innovations that can potentially be commercialized and/or those with business concepts
- The business enterprise/potential enterprise should have a defined business model that showcase the innovativeness of the proposed enterprise/business/innovation.
- Persons in the age category 16-34 years
- Submissions should be in English or French using the template provided.
- The ten (10) competitively selected business enterprises will receive all expenses paid trip (air ticket, conference registration, and hotel costs) for participation at the RUFORUM Biennial Conference (22-26 October, 2018) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The selected young entrepreneurs will receive a cash price award
- All applications should be submitted through the www.ruforum.org/younginnovators/
- Enquiries For any enquiries do contact
- Dr. Egeru Anthony (email@example.com) and Dr. Sylvanus Mensah (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kindly follow the link below to read more and apply:
Application Deadline: August 31st 2018