The School Enterprise Challenge is an international business programme for schools run by the educational charity Teach A Man To Fish.
It guides and supports teachers and students to plan and set up real, sustainable school businesses. Students get the chance to gain hands-on experience of running a real business and generate real profits to help support their school or a social cause of their choice.
Schools have set up an amazing variety of businesses. In 2017, more than 6000 schools from over 100 countries registered to take part and the businesses students set up ranged from fly fishing in Belize, to an inter-schools newspaper in India and a car wash in South Africa.
- Teach 21st century skills in a fun and innovative way-take learning out of the classroom and into the real world
- Experience planning and running a REAL business
- Raise extra income for your school
- Become part of a global community of enterprising schools
- Work towards a Bronze, Silver or Gold level certificate
- Win a place at our regional conference and up to $5,000 for your school
- Win the Inspirational Teacher Prize of $1,000
- Enterprising students can win cameras and laptops
- A mentorship programme for schools that want to receive extra support from a business mentor.
- A school partnership programme connecting enterprising schools around the world to support each other, exchange learnings and share experiences.
- Global events and mini competitions supporting the development of new skills and an opportunity for schools to be recognized on a global scale.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly visit the link below
As registration is open all-year-round, schools can submit any step (Business Idea, Business Plan or Annual Report) at any of the following dates:
- Wednesday 16th May 2018
- Wednesday 15th August 2018
- Wednesday 28th November 2018
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!