Our yearly competition to identify Africa’s Business Heroes is live and we’re accepting applications till June 21st 2022. Read below to learn about the key benefits, our eligibility criteria and the application process!
ABH aims to identify, support and inspire the next generation of African entrepreneurs who are making a difference in their local communities, working to solve the most pressing problems, and building a more sustainable and inclusive economy for the future.
The initiative aims to be as inclusive as possible. Applications are open in English and French to entrepreneurs from all African countries, all sectors, and all ages who operate businesses formally registered and headquartered in an African country, and that have a 3 year-track record.
Every year, ten finalists will be selected to compete in the ABH grand finale pitch competition and participate in a TV Show that will be broadcast online and across the continent. The finalists compete for a share of US $1.5 million in grant money.
Benefits of the Program
- Insights into your business
- Targeted & practical training programs:
Mentorship from business icons
- Grant Funds of up to $300,000
- Global recognition and exposure
To apply for our competition, you should meet the following criteria:
Applicant should be the Founder or a Co-Founder of the company.
- Applicant has African citizenship or is the child or grand-child of an African citizen.
- The Company is registered and headquartered in an African country, and primarily operates in Africa.
- Company is post-idea stage and has at least 3 years of revenue.
HOW TO APPLY
- Register an ABH account
- Confirm your eligibility
- Fill in the application – Answer the questions about yourself, your vision, business model and future plans
- Get as reference
- Submit video introductions about yourself, team and customer
Click here and submit your application
Deadline for application is June 26 2022
Visit the official website for more details