The SheTrades in the Commonwealth Programme aims to facilitate the participation of Women-Owned Businesses (WOBs) in international trade and increase job creation in Commonwealth countries with a specific focus on Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana and Bangladesh. The programme does so by supporting women-owned businesses in these countries to:
i) increase their visibility and connect them to potential buyers, investors, suppliers and business support organizations
ii) provide capacity building trainings including e-learning courses, on-site workshops and webinars, to teach new skills that will help WOBs grow their businesses
iii) provide comprehensive support to attend national, regional and international buyer to seller trade events.
The SheTrades in the Commonwealth programme aims to increase economic growth and job creation in Commonwealth countries by increasing the participation of women-owned businesses in international trade. The project is funded by the UK Department for International Development and implemented by the International Trade Centre (ITC) under the framework of the SheTrades Initiative.
Under the SheTrades in the Commonwealth programme, selected women-owned businesses, business support organizations and corporations will benefit from a wide range of opportunities to expand their business and jointly advance women economic empowerment.
For Women-Owned Business
- Get connected to potential buyers, investors, suppliers and business support organizations;
- Learn new skills to boost your business potential through our free-of-cost and tailored e-learning courses, on-site workshops and webinars;
- Receive support to attend national, regional and international trade fairs;
- Participate in B2B meetings;
- Increase your visibility and enlarge your network in international markets.
- Increase your visibility and expand your network in the international arena;
- Benefit from customised capacity building activities;
- Expand your portfolio of services offered to women-led SMEs;
- Contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals and support women’s economic empowerment;
- Share, exchange and learn from other institutions.
- Connect with over 3000 women-owned businesses from Bangladesh, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria and expand your pool of suppliers;
- Identify unique and innovative businesses opportunities;
- Learn, share and exchange with key businesses, governments and institutions;
- Support the UN Sustainable Development Goals by empowering women;
- Develop new partnerships and increase your visibility in emerging markets.
How to Apply:
If you Interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly visit the link below:
Visit here to apply for the SheTrades in the Commonwealth programme
Application Deadline: 15 February 2019
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!