Are you a peace builder? Would international recognition and a $10,000 prize help your organization make a bigger impact?Apply today for the annual Tomorrow’s Peace builders awards.
Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders are the global awards for local peace building. Awarded annually, they offer international recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict-affected countries worldwide. These are inspiring individuals who are building a better tomorrow for their communities, in the world’s most fragile and needy places.
Peace Direct is a UK based charity that works with local people to stop violence and build sustainable peace in conflict affected countries around the world.
Entrants will need to show how they are making communities more peaceful, or breaking the cycle of violence. A jury of international peace building experts will select the winning entries.
There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
• Be undertaking peace building work: your organization will be either a peace building organization or have peace building as a substantial element of your work.
• Be locally based: your organization must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. Your organization should be an independent organization, not an in country or satellite organization of an international NGO.
• Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the following thematic areas: women-led
peace building; youth peace building; or inter religious peace building.
There will be three winning entries. Each winning entry will receive:
• $10,000 prize funding for peace-building activities.
• Promotion of their work online, including on the Insight on Conflict and Peace Direct
websites and newsletters.
deadline for application September 6th,2017
For More Information visit the links below