Are you the founder of a startup that’s working on solutions to modernize manufacturing and enhance sustainable manufacturing?
Get your product or service in front of the Toyota Ventures team to help make the factory of the future a reality sooner, and jump-start your firm. We’re seeking for potential firms who are developing technologies that will enable smarter, more flexible, and networked factories that will empower people while also increasing efficiency and sustainability.
If that describes your company, Toyota Ventures’ 2022 call for innovation offers a chance to receive between $500,000 and $2 million in venture capital funding through our Frontier Fund or Climate Fund. We’re also collaborating with Toyota’s Manufacturing Project Innovation Center (MPIC) and Toyota Research Institute, and chosen entrepreneurs may get the opportunity to work on a proof-of-concept project with Toyota.
Software and/or hardware solutions are welcome, and some of the areas we’re exploring include:
- 3D simulation
- Artificial intelligence and computer vision
- Augmented reality
- Additive manufacturing
- Robotics software and/or hardware (adaptive robots; collaborative robots; autonomous mobile robots)
- Solutions to improve energy efficiency and reduce the carbon footprint in factories
- Technologies to advance electrification and battery manufacturing
- Cybersecurity and data analytics
- Worker training and safety tools
The call for innovation is open to startups around the world that meet the following criteria:
- Your company has raised less than $10 million USD in funding
- You have a working prototype to demonstrate your solution
- Your business model solves a market need and delivers value to customers
How to Participate
With our call for innovation, we are looking to invest $500K – $2M in early-stage startups that are developing solutions that will help smart automation and sustainable manufacturing. Please review the following guidelines carefully before applying; by submitting the form, you are agreeing to these terms and theApplication Terms:
- To respond to this call, submit the application form below. Only one application per company, please. All applications are subject to theApplication Terms.
- Your startup must meet the eligibility criteria outlined above, and be looking to raise capital within the next six months.
- The call for innovation is not a contest or competition, and there are no “prizes.” It is an opportunity to get your startup’s solution in front of the Toyota Ventures team. Toyota Ventures is not agreeing to compensate you in any way as a result of applying, and all eligible participants are subject to standard diligence before any investment is made.
- By applying, you acknowledge that you are giving Toyota Ventures, Toyota Research Institute, and other Toyota affiliates the right to review the information you have submitted, and to request additional information from you as needed to further evaluate your startup.
Please apply online here, and attach a pitch deck in PDF format that contains no more than 12 slides. Your pitch deck should address the following:
- How your solution addresses the problem identified in this call for innovation
- The market opportunity and your current traction
- Your business model and go-to-market strategy to deliver value to customers
- Your company’s technology and how you’re applying it to the problem
- Founding team’s background and expertise
- The competitive landscape and how your approach is unique
- Financial performance, and projections
- Funding history, if any