Do you have an innovative solution to address a social challenge in your community? Do you want to learn more about the Sustainable Development Goals? Do you want to meet other young leaders from around the country? Do you want to become an agent of change? Do you want to learn how to improve the design of your solution and implement projects that will help your communities?
YLP3 aims to support and empower young women and men change-makers to improve their prototyped ideas and implement innovative, impactful and sustainable development solutions, whether these be social enterprises, nonprofits, NGOs, initiatives, or campaigns.
What is a prototyped solution? A prototype is a model or a visual representation of new project ideas (your solution), whether these are products or services. Prototypes can take many forms: from a slideshow to a 3D representation. YLP3 seeks to accelerate innovative solutions that can address national development challenges in Yemen effectively in the following:
- SDG 5 Gender Equality: women´s empowerment and equity.
- SDG 7 Affordable and clean energy: Energy.
- SDG 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth: Youth employment and Livelihood Restoration.
- SDG 6: Clean water and sanitation.
By participating in this Program, you will have a chance of a lifetime to:
- Develop your leadership potential and skills in various social innovation approaches.
- Strengthen your gender sensitive lens and skills
- Improve your advocacy and presentation skills
- Network with young leaders and innovators
- Begin implementing of your ideas for social change
All participants will receive a certificate of participation. A small number of individuals from participating countries might be selected to participate in a regional event at the end of the year to further enhance their learning skills and networking.
- Age between 19 – 29
- Fluency in Arabic language
- Have an innovative solution in progress
- High motivation and interest in social work and social change
- Capability and willingness to participate actively in follow up
- Both experienced and inexperienced participants are encouraged to apply
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
- Selected participants will receive a confirmation e-mail or phone call.
- Disadvantaged young women and men, especially those with special needs are highly encouraged to apply. deadline for application august 10th,2017.
For More Information visit the links below
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!