Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is a global initiative to empower young entrepreneurs for positive change.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an exciting new opportunity to develop your innovative ideas and projects to create positive change in your community and the world. With support and feedback from peers around the world, you can turn your passion for a better world into reality.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is an international contest launched by The Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship (Berlin) and UNESCO. The competition provides a global platform for young entrepreneurs who aspire to create positive change in their communities.
By highlighting the best examples of youth entrepreneurship, the competition aims to empower the young generation to take the initiative in social innovation and become pioneers in building a harmonious and sustainable society. With their innovative ideas and leadership, these global citizens will tackle some of the key challenges of today and offer a model of the entrepreneurial potential that will fuel our future.
Aside the monetary benefits that will be given to those that are selected, all participants will receive free training at the online Entrepreneurship Campus. This training provides methods and techniques for developing ideas into solid business models, to turn a budding idea into a fully developed concept, or to improve on an existing business model.
Who can enter:
You are eligible to enter, if:
- You are between the ages of 15 and 30
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the sustainable development of your community, in a field such as:
o the environment
o poverty reduction
o peace building
o cultural diversity
o sustainable energy
o food security
o sustainable trade
o the elderly
o empowerment of women and youth
OR, You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization, or an informal program
- You are able to submit your entries and make presentations in English.
- You are requested to submit your entries in one of the following two categories:
o Best Ideas Category:
Innovative ideas and plans for an enterprise (It must be a new and original idea yet to be fully implemented by the entrant or by others.)
o Best Projects Category:
Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Submissions from teams are welcome. However, the idea may only be submitted by one team member.
- You may submit more than one idea/project entry.
- You are welcome to enter ideas or projects which have won other prizes or competitions.
How to enter:
- First, sign up to become a registered member.
- Complete the entry form and submit it online. Entries may only be submitted in English.
Entry form for ideas
Entry form for projects
- Entries will be reviewed by the competition administrators, and only those that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be nominated and published on the competition website. You will receive a message from us confirming that your entry has been nominated. If your entry does not pass the screening, you will have a chance to brush it up and submit it again.
Deadline for entries: June 30, 2014
Entries will be evaluated and nominated based on the following criteria among other factors:
o entrepreneurial vision
o feasibility (e.g. relatively low capital investment requirement)
o social impact (e.g. ecological benefit)
o scalability (The application can be multiplied.)
Stage and type of enterprise will be taken into account.
- Entries will be reviewed by the competition administrators, and only those that meet a certain standard and pass the preliminary screening will be published on the competition website. The general public can vote for their favorite entry and add their comments and recommendations.
- Entrants may refine their entries up until the entry deadline to reflect the comments and recommendations received. They may also support their entry by submitting a video presentation of their enterprise idea or activity (up to 3 minutes).
- The 10 entries receiving most votes in each of the two categories will be considered as finalists.
- From among the finalists, the judges will make the final selection of three winners (Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize) in each category.
- Entries will be evaluated based on their entrepreneurial vision, feasibility, innovation, leadership, social impact, and sustainability, among other factors.
- In addition, the People’s Choice Prize will be given to the entry with the largest number of votes in each of the two categories.
o Official launching: October 30, 2013 during the 8th UNESCO Youth Forum Cultural Event
o Online launch: November 2013
o Entries accepted: November 2013 – June 30, 2014
o Online voting and comments accepted: November 2013 – July 31, 2014
o People’s Choice Prize winners announced: August 1, 2014
o Video presentation to be submitted by the top 10 entries: by August 15, 2014
o 10 finalists announced in the Best Ideas Category and the Best Projects Category respectively: August 20, 2014
o Evaluation and selection of winners by the judges: August 20, 2014 – September 10, 2014
o Grand Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize winners announced: September 15, 2014
o Award ceremony to present the Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice winners will be held during the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin in October 2014