The 2019 Union Bank edTech Challenge is the third edition of the annual Innovation Challenge series and aims to discover, showcase and support innovative, cutting-edge technologies with the potential to transform Nigeria’s education system. The Challenge reinforces our commitment to innovation and education, underpinning our dedication to enabling success in Nigeria.
The Challenge is open to anyone with solutions that demonstrate a strong potential to transform the education system in Nigeria including but not limited to students, teachers, developers, designers, fintechs, tech companies etc
Funding support towards scaling up a solution: The top 3 entries will receive a sum of N5m (1st – N2.5m; 2nd – N1.5m and 3rd – N1m)
• Access to Acceleration program: The Top 10 entries will be admitted into an acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, and a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships.
• Access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
• Funding support towards scaling up a solution: The top 3 entries will receive a sum of N5m (1st – N2.5m; 2nd – N1.5m and 3rd – N1m)
• Venture support to the winners which includes; supporting each solution to scale which will include linking and identifying relevant stakeholder to buy into a solution and providing specialized support based on the specific needs and advisory regarding the deployment and management of funding received.
Focus of Challenge
Union Bank edTech Challenge is looking for solutions that meet the needs of the Education Ecosystem/Stakeholders: Students, Teachers, Parents, School Owners/ Administrators, and Policy Makers/ Regulators. For example, a solution on improving student learning, a hub for lesson teachers, solution on rating schools in different areas or subjects to name a few
Top 10 Acceleration Process
In September, the top 10 entries will be jointly selected by members of the jury. All applicants will receive necessary information on the status of their entries via email and/or SMS notifications.
The top 10 entries will be admitted into an eight weeks acceleration program where they will get access to Coach-Mentors, Capacity Building, a Community of Education stakeholders and strategic partnerships. In addition, they will gain access to Union Bank’s network of education customers and opportunities to provide global visibility for scale.
Demo Day & Announcement of Winners
After demo day, the top 3 winners will receive premium venture support from VHA Services for 12 weeks. This support will include guiding each solution to scale; linking and identifying relevant stakeholder to buy into solution and provide specialized assistance
• Call for Entries – July 2019
• Announcement of Top 10 – September 2019
• Acceleration for Top 10 – September/October 2019
• Demo Day and Selection of Top 3 – October 2019
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly follow the link below to apply
Application Deadline: Friday August 23rd, 2019.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!