The Financial Solutions for Migrants is an Accelerator Supporting innovation across Africa, the Middle East and South Asia increasing migrant access to financial services and employment opportunities
Financial Solutions for Migrants is an accelerator for impact-driven startups developing bold solutions that increase the financial inclusion of migrants, including refugees, and especially targeting women. This program is funded by the Impact-Linked Fund for Gender Inclusive Fintechs (ILF for GIF) and managed by the Impact-Linked Finance Fund
The program will:
- Define: Develop and refine an in-depth, contextualized understanding of financial inclusion challenges for migrant and particularly migrant women across Africa, the Middle East and South Asia.
- Accelerate: Identify and scale 30+ startups addressing those challenges through a combination of intensive in-person and virtual investment readiness training.
- Convene: Build and develop partnerships that drive broad awareness of the challenges and opportunities
- Legal incorporation as a for-profit entity in an Sub-Saharan African / MENAT / South & Southeast Asian country
- Market-based solution that tackles the above listed challenges
- Have at least a minimum viable product (MVP) and some traction under their belt. Relaxation may be made for products in development if value proposition showcased is considered strong
- Have meaningful customer or business validation (not limited to revenue, can also be successful pilot studies, number of users, and/or strategic partnerships)
- Companies with founders of diverse backgrounds and products with a focus on women migrant consumers will be preferred
Benefits of the Program
Mentorship: Opportunities to network and receive mentorship from investor
Connections: Build deep connections with other founders
Training: Interactive workshop weeks tailored to help their company
Advice: One-on-one coaching with an investment analyst focused on building a financial model
Exposure: Exposure on Village Capital’s program website and other communications collateral.
Consideration for funding: All selected companies will be screened for eligibility to receive funding
Related Post: Latest Grant Opportunities you can apply for
Deadline for registration is January 6 2023
Visit Village Capital website for more details and application