The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030. The applications for WE Empower Challenge 2018 are now open.
- Your business been in operation for more than three years
- You employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent)?
- You are a for-profit or social entrepreneur (for this competition a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Your business generates at least $100,000 USD in annual sales
- You are available to travel to New York City between September 23-29, 2018
Five selected awardees, one from each UN region, will be chosen from those who apply by 1 July 2018. The successful awardees will be notified in early August 2018 and will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week (24 – 29 September 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events.
• On Tuesday, September 25 participate in a dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;
• Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
• Participate in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday Sept 29th; and
• Participate at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, kindly visit the link below to register
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email [email protected].
For more information, please visit https://weempower.awardsplatform.com/
Deadline to apply is July 1,2018 (12:00AM EDT)