Young Entrepreneurs in Nigeria now have an opportunity to get up to 1 Million Naira grants to start or grow their business through the maiden edition of the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme 2015.
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme, 2015 is an initiative of the Young Business Leaders of Nigeria aimed at promoting Entrepreneurship by providing Business education, training, financial support and mentoring to young Nigerians across Nigeria.
The Young Business Leaders of Nigeria is a Network of “Young Business Leaders” established to evolve creative methods of solving the unemployment crisis in Nigeria. Presently, over forty million Nigerians (40,000,000) of employable age are unemployed. This figure represents almost a third of Nigeria growing Population.
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs programme is an 8-weeks long residential entrepreneurship training and development programme that would select and train a growing cohort of young people with viable business ideas. This year, 30 promising and aspiring entrepreneurs would partake in the programme and would get the opportunities to start their own business. At the end of the training, participants will be given the opportunity to apply for grants of up to One million Naira
The Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme seeks to :
- Train young people in specific business skills
- Provide mentoring & support networks from employed/ Entrepreneurial members of YBLN Network
iii. Provide seed funds (Grants & Micro-Finance loans in collaboration with financial partners.
- Create quality networking opportunities
- Provide necessary support needed to register a new business or grow an existing one (Including free registration with CAC & free marketing / Brand Building toolkit that would include Logo’s, Marketing plan Template ETC)
The programme format will include:
- Course Content with emphasis on experiential learning
- Community Service
iii. Site Visits
- Sporting Activities
WHAT DO I STAND TO GAIN FROM THE PROGRAMME:
Once the programme is completed YBLNigeria will offer Post- Training Support
- Up to 1 million Naira to grow your business
- Networking, Professional Development & Capacity Building Opportunities, Internships
- Seed funding for business take off, expansion or civic projects
- Access to credit at no more than 10% interest rate Per Annum
- Free business advisory & Support Services
WHO CAN APPLY:
Young Persons that fit the following criteria:
- Aged 18-30 years
- Able to speak and write in English
iii. A track record of past achievements in their communities
- A viable business / Business Idea
- An individual that exudes Passion , Personal drive and Initiative
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to www.yblnigeria.com
- Fill an online application form
- Submit your C.V ( in accordance to template)
iii. Submit your business plan
Application for the maiden edition of the Aspiring Entrepreneurship Programme is now open to the general public.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATION IS FREE
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!