Do you have a dream? Can your dream make the difference for your community, your country or even the whole world? Enter the NESCAFÉ Get Started challenge and show everyone how powerful your idea is.
All you need to do is to submit your dream. If you find it published on the website the following week, it means that it’s passed the preselection. This is the time to get as many votes as possible, so make sure you get all your friends to vote for your dream.
The 4 most impressive dreams will receive support from inspiring African mentors to pitch their ideas to the grand jury. The ultimate winner’s dream will get started by NESCAFÉ.
5 GOLDEN RULES TO GET STARTED
- Your dream must not be of material benefit to oneself.
- Your dream should focus on one of these categories: Technology,
Arts and Culture, Community Development, Environment or Health.
- Your dream must have an action plan.
- Your dream must start something big for you and people around you.
- Make us fall in love with your dream and we’ll help you to get it started.
COMPETITION ENTRY & ELIGIBILITY
You can enter if you meet the following criteria:
- You’re between 18 and 30 years old
- You’re a resident of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Senegal, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Niger, Sierra Leone, Benin, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Sao Tome and Principe, and Togo.
- You’re willing to start something substantial which respects our 5 Golden Rules.
- You have a valid passport and are able to travel.
- You don’t have any major illness that requires specialised medical assistance.
- You can comfortably express yourself in French and/or English.
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT WOULD YOU GET
NESTLÉ/NESCAFÉ provides the winner with both mentoring and financial support of $30,000 for the purposes of the submitted project.
If your dream is one of the 3 final runners up, then yes you will receive financial support of $7,000 for the purposes of the submitted project.
HOW TO APPLY FOR NESCAFE GET STARTED AFRICA
You submit your dream on the website by clicking on the “Participate” tab and filling in the form, after which you authorise NESTLÉ to use your details. Then, you click “Submit”
14th of June 2015.