Submissions for WSA 2018 can contain all digital content with a clear impact, such as: apps, webpages, applications for wearables, kiosk installations, SMS based products, mobile and online games and interactive productions. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- Any company, organisation or individual from all UN and UNESCO member states are welcome to apply.
- The WSA Young Innovators Award is limited to projects initiated and executed by people under the age of 30 from any of the UN and UNESCO member states.
- WSA is strictly restricted to digital applications with a strong impact on society.
- Submissions for the WSA can contain mobile applications, sms based products, webpages, databases, kiosk installations, wearables, IoT etc. There is no limitation regarding the platforms or channels the projects work with.
- The projects can be max. 2 years old at the date of nomination.
- No ideas, drafts, demonstrations or concepts are accepted, all submitted projects must be market ready or already on the market.
- WSA evaluates and highlights the content, user value and local impact of digital solutions.
Winners of the World Summit Awards benefit from:
Invitation to the WSA World Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 7 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 178 countries
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community
- Workshops specially shaped for the winners needs
- A videoclip highlighting the winners projects
- Special placement on WSA website, youtube channel and social media promotion
- Long-term coverage within WSA editorial channels
- April 15 – August 31, 2018: WSA call for nominations
- September/October 2018: Online Jury
- November 2018: Grand Jury Meeting (tbc)
- Spring 2019: WSA Global Congress and Winners Ceremony in Vienna, Austria
How to Apply:
- To find out who your WSA National Expert is, please click here. WSA office will be happy to introduce you to your WSA National Expert . Once you have contacted your expert, they will go through the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you.Some countries also offer application through a national contest.
- Your project will be reviewed and evaluated if it meets the eligibility criteria and standards of WSA. If your project is chosen to be nominated in one of the WSA categories, your WSA National Expert will enter your data in the WSA online Contest Database. Please make sure your WSA National Expert has the right contact data.
- Upon nomination, you will receive a confirmation email inviting you to complete your application. Please make sure to check your spamfolder. After submitting your application you are officially enrolled in the global WSA. An especially assembled international Jury will then evaluated all nominated and completed projects and choose the 40 WSA winners and WSA Young Innovators per year.
Application Deadline: August 31st, 2018
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!