Are you working in the cocoa, maize, or livestock (cattle, sheep, goats) sectors in a member state of the Organisation of African, Caribbean, and Pacific states? Are you from the private sector, with a high interest in resilience, competitiveness, or direct supply linkages with off-takers for sustainability?
Do you have an innovative idea that makes the above-mentioned value chains less fragmented, more inclusive, particularly for women and youth, sustainable, and profitable? This also includes innovations for by-products of the sectors.
Then this is a unique opportunity for you to realize your goal!
Matching Grant Fund (MGF)
By applying for this MGF, you can obtain funding to realize your project idea in the named value chains!
For all MGF projects, the maximal contribution channeled via ABF will account for up to 50% of the total project budget. This contribution can go up to €200.000
1. Readiness Programme & Call for Concept Notes (Pre-qualification)
Online-based introduction and support during the application stage starting with the call for concept notes on 18th September 2023. The call lasts for 9 weeks.
2. Final submission of Call for Concept NotesThe deadline for submission of your concept note is 10th November.
3. Assessment of Concept Notes
Once received, an independent and international expert committee will assess and evaluate all concept notes.
4. Full proposal development & in-depth Readiness Programme
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to develop a full technical proposal and budget. This will be closely supported by the ABF team.
5. Proposal evaluation and decision
The final proposals will be evaluated and a decision on who is granted the funds will be taken.
Contracts will be prepared by GIZ using tried-and-tested partnership agreement formats.
Now the implementation of your project can start. This entails reporting to ABF as well as supervision and support from ABF.
Who can apply?
As lead applicants:
- Processing company
- Agricultural producer/Farmer’s organization
- National or international retailer companies
As consortium partners:
- Private sector foundations
- (Micro) Financial institutions
- Qualified NGOs
- Training or research institutions or extension agencies
How to Apply
Documents to fill and send back via [email protected] between 18th September 2023 and 10th November 2023, 11:59 pm GMT
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!