In this rapidly changing climate, MultiChoice Africa has discovered an opportunity that will have a long-term influence on the creative industry as a whole.
About the MultiChoice Talent Factory
The MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF) was founded in 2018 as a social investment initiative aimed at sparking Africa’s creative industries and building them into thriving economic powerhouses. We have a long-term commitment to making a socio-economic difference and producing shared value in the nations where we operate as a company born and raised in Africa. As a result, the MTF was established to have a positive impact on the technical and professional value chain in the film and television industry across Africa. MTF, which was founded in collaboration with stakeholders from throughout Africa, intends to provide the creative sectors with a platform to learn and develop talent, interact and connect with one another via shared passions through three touchpoints, including the MTF Academy.
The MTF Academy is a 12-month training program delivered by industry experts as Academy Directors in regional academies in Kenya, Nigeria, and Zambia. MultiChoice employs its people, facilities, and network across the continent to offer young developing filmmakers with the skills, information, experience, and qualifications that will allow MTF graduates establish a successful career in the creative business. MultiChoice Africa will continue to showcase Africa’s rich cultural legacy and variety across our native channels, including SuperSport, M-Net, Africa Magic, and Showmax, through the MTF.
- MultiChoice is inviting eligible applicants to apply for the MultiChoice Talent Factory film skills development programme. The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants who are passionate about telling their own stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan African film and broadcasting industries.
- The MTF Academy initiative will operate in Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, Republic of Zambia for 12 months, with a production break to be determined by MultiChoice at its sole discretion
In this document, the following terms shall have the definitions set out below:
- “Closing Date and Time” means 17h00 on 3rd of June 2022;
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means any and all rights, title and interest in and to past and future copyright, patents, production rights, performance rights, rights in and to scripts, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, databases, graphics, icons, semi-conductor topography, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill and all other intellectual property as may exist anywhere in the world;
- “MTF Academy” means the MultiChoice Talent Factory skills development programme;
- “MultiChoice” or “us” means MultiChoice group of companies, including our partners, promoters and sponsors and any other person involved with the MTF Academy;
- “Production” means “production” as the term is generally understood in the film and entertainment industry including, without limitation, scripting, cinematography, sound, editing, set design, directing and casting; and
- “Works” means any story outlines, treatments and scripts or other outputs produced during the course of each participant’s participation in the MTF Academy.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise in writing by MultiChoice, the MTF Academy is not open to:
- directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of MultiChoice;
- the spouses, life partners, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in clause 4.1.1 above; and
- a permanent resident residing in any of the countries specified in 4.3.2 below.
- Eligibility criteriaTo be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
- have a qualification from a registered and/or recognised post-secondary education institution as set out in clause 4.3.5 below; and/or
- have experience in the film industry.
- Qualified applicantsApplicants who hold a qualification must:
- be between 18-30 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
Application deadline is 3rd June 2022
For more details visit MultiChoice Talent Factory WebPage
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!