The African Continental Free Trade Area – AfCFTA is the world’s largest free trade area bringing together the 55 countries of the African Union (AU) and eight (8) Regional Economic Communities (RECs). The overall mandate of the AfCFTA is to create a single continental market with a population of about 1.3 billion people and a combined GDP of approximately US$ 3.4 trillion. The aim is to enable the free flow of goods and services across the continent and boost the trading position of Africa in the global market.
Eligibility Criteria for AfCFTA Internship Program
1. Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union and residing in Ghana.
2. Final year students who are enrolled on full-time basis on a fully accredited degree program in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning in any of the following areas: Finance, Accounting, Audit or related fields.
3. Full availability for a minimum of three months, being the duration of the program
4. Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
5. Applicants should possess a high level of quantitative and IT skills (tests will be administered)
6. Must possess very good ICT skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office suite
7. Applicants should be capable and willing to work in a multicultural and international team environment
8. Applicants should be committed to upholding and adhering to the rules and values of the Institution for the duration of the program
9. Female candidates are encouraged to apply
The selection process consists of four main stages:
– Application and cover letter should be addressed to the Administration and Human Resources Directorate of the Secretariat
– Pre-screening: all applications are screened, and suitable candidates placed on a shortlist made available to AfCFTA Secretariat Directorates;
– Interview and/or Written Test: hiring teams may invite candidates to complete a telephone interview and/or written test;
– Offer letter: A candidate who is selected following a telephone interview and/or written test will receive an e-mail with an internship offer letter from AHRM Directorate
Submission of application Ends 31st October 2023
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!