African agricultural cooperatives, producer organisations, processors, and businesses are invited to apply for grant funding from USADF. Grants will support strategies that expand your organization’s capacity to boost earnings, add workers, raise farmer incomes, and achieve long-term, market-based expansion.
The following nations are accepting applications for the USADF:
Nigeria, Somalia, Burkina Faso, Cote d’Ivoire, South Sudan, and
To access the whole request for applications, including the list of valid value chains, click your nation (above).
- Your organization must demonstrate that it has successfully worked together for a minimum of 2 years, has a minimum of 200 active members or suppliers, and has the capability to effectively use grants funds.
- Your ownership and management must be in agreement on the problem to be addressed and have a commitment to benefit your community.
- Your organization must demonstrate the capability to account for USADF funds by showing you have a minimum of 2 years of basic functional management and financial controls in place.
- Your organization must be 100% African-owned and African-led.
- USADF is not accepting applications from non-government organizations (NGOs) and intermediaries. Your organization must be an agricultural cooperative, producer group, processor, or business.
Successful Proposals Must…
- Have a clearly defined market opportunity to grow revenues that can increase incomes.
- Have a clearly defined plan of how you can increase revenues and incomes in 2- 4 years.
- Commit significant cash or specific in-kind contributions toward the grant activity.
- Be able to directly impact hundreds of people and community members.
- Be able to identify a path for continued growth and financing after the USADF grant ends.
- Not exceed US $250,000.
- Special consideration will be given to applications that incorporate innovative strategies to make use of new approaches and technologies, including complementary finance and information technology.
- Special consideration will also be given to women-owned organizations and applications that promote youth entrepreneurship and employment.
- Your submission must include the following information from your organization:
- financial statements for the last 2 years
- registration document
- completed grant application form, in English, or French
- Applications must be in the sectors identified above for each country.
- Applications can be no more than US $250,000.
- Submit all documents in one e-mail by July 31, 2023 to the e-mail address linked above at apply here for your country.
For more details Visit USADF Call for Applications
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!