The Ethereum Foundation is thrilled to announce the Academic Grants Round 2024, an initiative dedicated to fostering research in the Ethereum ecosystem. Following the overwhelming success of the 2023 round, where we funded 43 projects from 20 countries, we are eager to continue supporting academic contributions. With a focus on a wide array of domains such as, applied and theoretical cryptography, economics, game theory, security, consensus protocols, formal verification, p2p networking, society and regulation, and hardware, we aim to catalyze research that propels the Ethereum ecosystem forward.
Individual researchers with academic backgrounds, research centers, universities, think-tanks, educators and other stakeholders interested in research on matters related to Ethereum and its ecosystem are encouraged to apply.
Anyone is free to participate in this grants round, as an individual or with a team.
Undergraduate researchers will require a postdoctoral advisor.
- All applications must have a written proposal in PDF format
- Proposals must be in English
- Proposals must include a detailed description, budget, and timeline for the proposed scope of work
- Proposals must include an applicant profile
- Proposals must include a public repository or link to published work
- Here is a template for a proposal
- Ideas and projects at any stage of development are welcome:
- Idea phase
- Work in progress
- Fleshed out project
Ethereum Foundation Academic Grants: Eligibility criteria
- Projects must produce formal academic research
- Research output must be open-access with a free and permissive license
What is not eligible
- Anything that is not legal within the jurisdiction where the work is taking place
- Financial products and services (trading platforms, investment products, stablecoins, lending or betting platforms, etc.)
- Art projects or social impact projects that don’t fit within the scope of this round
- Projects requesting retroactive funding
- Projects with a planned token launch or public funding round
The deadline for proposals is Monday, March 4th, 2024. We will follow-up regarding your submission by email. Decisions will be emailed 6-8 weeks after the application deadline.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!