UNICEF StartUp Lab, launched in 2019, is a six-month accelerator programme for impactful startups and businesses working to advance the Sustainable Development Goals for children and young people.
The programme is led by UNICEF in Ghana, supported by KOICA and implemented by MEST Africa. It provides a unique service by integrating an intense, hands-on business acceleration through wide-reaching technical expertise and systems knowledge in the social sector, led by the UNICEF experts in Education, Health & Nutrition, Social Policy & Protection, WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene), and Child Protection. The participants have access to individual mentorship, network of UN System partners, prototyping funding, and many other support mechanisms.
Who Can Apply
it warmly welcomes diverse ventures from all regions of Ghana, with a particular focus on empowering women-led businesses:
Each startup receives up to GHS 32,000 for product development
Access to a wide network of UN System partners
Intense, hands-on practical business acceleration
Direct access to resources and social sector programme experts
- Your startup has been operational for 1+ year
- Your startup is a registered business in Ghana (no NGOs, foundations, or individuals)
- Your startup has technology as the core enabler of the business
- Your startup has a business model with a social impact that addresses at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Open-source solutions, or startups that are willing to open-source their solutions, are particularly encouraged to apply
- Startups with female founders/co-founders are encouraged to apply
- The programme is designed to include startups from all regions of Ghana
- Startups related to Health Tech, EdTech, Urban Tech, Climate Action, Fintech and WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene) are strongly encouraged to apply
How To Apply
Application Deadline: February 29th, 2024
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!