The Young Professional Development Program (YPDP), a structured two-year program offered by the OPEC Fund, is intended to train young professionals from its member nations for a career in international development. We are now looking for candidates who are committed to and have a passion for international development, as well as those who have a strong academic record and relevant work experience. We are especially interested in hearing from people who have the motivation and aspiration to support developing nations in overcoming their most critical obstacles to social, environmental, and economic progress.
Benefits of the Program
- In summary, the YPDP provides training, coaching, and mentoring, as well as the opportunity to gain experience in various fields of work and gain access to professional networks. The program provides young professionals with the skills and knowledge required for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
- The YPDP will help young professionals get an understanding of how various departments and/or units contribute to the overall strategic and operational aims of the OPEC Fund. Participants will get the chance to help realize the OPEC Fund’s goal of a future where sustainable development is a reality for everyone through the structured talent management program.
- Participants in the YPDP will obtain useful on-the-job experience, have access to a variety of pertinent learning and development opportunities, rotate around several departments, and receive coaching and mentoring.
- Depending on their performance and the business need, participants who complete the two-year program successfully can be given the opportunity to work with the OPEC Fund.
- OPEC Fund Member Country national
- Be 30 years of age or younger at the time of application
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree from a reputable university
- Excellent Academic performance
- Be fluent in English
- Proficiency in one or more languages is desirable
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience
- Specialize in a field relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations such as Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Information Technology, Law, Human Resources, and any other relevant discipline
- Ability to work in a global and culturally diverse institution
- An understanding of the OPEC Fund’s mandate
- Willingness to serve the OPEC Fund, if selected, for a minimum of two years upon completion of the Program
Deadline for applications
The deadline for applications is December 15, 2022. Successful applicants are chosen following a rigorous selection process. Those offered a place on the YPDP are expected to respond within two weeks.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Please ensure you meet the minimum eligibility criteria, outlined above;
- Please upload the Application essay and transcripts under the “Additional documents” section of the application form;
- Please submit a valid and current email address. Email us at [email protected] with new contact details should they change during the application process
Latest Monthly opportunities you can apply for