Dear reader, let’s discuss some Nigerian banks and how to use their bank transfer codes. And guess what, you can do that all from your phone. It is fast, easy and very efficient. It means you no longer need to queue on ATMs, or spend more money with POS Transaction stores.
The transfer code is unique for every bank, and everyone with an account, all thanks to BVN. All you have to do is type in some unique USSD codes on your phone, and you’re ready in few simple steps. That means no matter which bank that you’re using, you are eligible to use their transfer codes and make a transfer using your phone.
So, here are some ways that you can use to transfer funds and conduct other transactions using your phone. But before we start cooking, let’s get to know what bank transfer codes are.
What is Bank Transfer Code?
Bank transfer codes are simply codes you enter in your phone and make transactions in your bank account. You don’t need to worry about access, as you can use these codes 24 hours, seven days a week, without hurdles. You don’t need to stay in a long line waiting for your turn, as you can do it from your phone quickly and faster.
What can you do with bank transfer codes?
There is a lot that you can achieve with bank transfer codes, and they include;
- Recharging your mobile through your bank
- You can also recharge other mobile phones that aren’t yours
- Checking of your bank account balance
- Transfer of money from one Account to another
- Payments of bills
- Resetting your banking pins
- Bundle data subscription, etc.
The only thing you can’t do with bank transfer codes is withdrawing physical funds since your mobile phone can’t dispense cash. But aside from that, you can do a lot of banking transactions using your phone. It is easy and saves you a lot of time.
All Nigerian Bank Transfer Codes
|Nigerian Banks||Transfer Code|
|UBA Transfer Code||*919*|
|Stanbic IBTC Bank||*909*|
Zenith Bank Transfer Codes
Zenith Bank is one of the reputable banks in Nigeria, with outstanding customer service. Zenith’s official USSD code for transfer is *966*, and you can conduct any transaction with your phone. Below are lists of Zenith bank transfer codes that you can use:
- Open Account – *966*
- Check Account Balance – *966*00#
- Airtime Recharge – *966*Amount*Phone Number#
- Funds transfer – *966*Amount*Account Number#
- Update your BVN – *966* BVN #
- Reset PIN – *966*0#
- Deactivate mobile banking – *966*20*0#
- Pay DStv and PHCN – *966*7*Amount*Customer ID#
- Pay other zenith billers – *966*6*Biller code*Amount#
Access Bank USSD Transfer Codes
If you’re an Access Bank user, take note that the office USSD code for transactions is *901#, and below are more USSD codes that you can use to make other kinds of transactions using your mobile phone.
- Airtime recharge – *901*Amount#
- Airtime recharge for others – *901*Amount*Phone Number#
- Account Opening – *901*0#
- Bundle data subscription – *901*8#
- Account Balance – *901*#
- Funds transfer codes to Access Bank – *901*Amount*Account Number#
- Funds transfer to other banks – *901*2*Amount*Account Number#
- Merchant Payment – *901*3*Amount*Merchant Code#
- Bill Payment – *901*3#
- OTP Generation – *901*4*1#
UBA USSD Transfer Codes
The official transfer code for UBA is *919#, referred to as the magic number. Anyone can use this transfer code, provided they have an account with UBA. Here are other combinations of the code you should know for easy banking transactions.
- To check account balance – *919*00#
- Account recharge to self – *919*Amount#
- Account recharge to others – *919*Phone Number*Amount#
- Funds transfer – *919*Account Number*Amount#
- Funds transfer to other banks – *919*4*account number*amount#
- Load UBA prepaid card – *919*32#
- To pay bills – *919*5#
- To check account balance – *919*00#
FCMB USSD Transfer Codes
The official FCMB USSD code is *329# and can be used to conduct many banking commands using your phone. Here are FCMB bank transfer codes that you should know:
- For mobile recharge – *329*Amount#
- For mobile recharge of other phones *329*Amount*Phone Number#
- Checking of bank account balance – *329*00#
- Resetting of PIN – *329*0#
- To buy bundle data – *329*Mobile Number#
- To pay for GOtv or DStv subscription – *329*2*Smartcard Number#
Diamond Banking Transfer Codes
The official USSD transfer code for Diamond bank is *426#, which means users can use this code to conduct many banking transactions with their mobile phones. Gladly, it is secure and offers an easy alternative instead of queuing in the bank. Here are some of the USSD codes which you can use to transact with Diamond Bank.
- To register, you will have to dial *426# with your registered mobile number.
- Enter the last six digits of your debit card number
- Enter your account number
- Create a four-digit PIN
Other services include:
- For airtime recharge – *426*Amount#
- Funds transfer code – *426*Amount*Account Number#
- To check account balance – *426*00#
- Airtime recharge for other numbers – *426*Amount*Phone Number#
- Change your PIN – *426*0#
- To subscribe to CREAM – *426*463#
First Bank Transfer Code
The official First Bank USSD code is *894# and can be used by users to make transactions faster with their mobile phones. Here are First Bank transfer codes you should know:
- To register your number – *894*0#
- Airtime recharge – *894*Amount#
- Airtime recharge of other numbers – *894*Amount*Phone Number
- To check airtime – *894*00#
- Mini statement – *894*Account Number#
Sterling Bank Transfer Codes
The official sterling bank transfer code is *822# and can be used by customers to execute banking transactions using their phones. Here are a few of the transfer codes which you should know:
- To buy airtime – *822*Amount#
- To buy airtime for others – *822*Amount*Phone Number#
- Funds transfer codes – *822*4*Amount* NUBAN #
- Funds transfer to other banks – *822*5*Amount* NUBAN #
- Check account balance – *822*6#
- Check account number – *822*8#
- Open Account – *822*7#
- To reset PIN – *822*9#
Wema Bank Transfer codes
The official USSD code for Wema bank is *945#, which users can use to make all kinds of banking transactions. Below are other USSD codes you should know:
- Buy airtime – *945*Phone Number*Amount#
- Fund transfer – *945*Account Number*Amount#
- Check account balance – *945*0#
- Reset PIN – *945*00#
- Get your account number – *945*000#
- Change Account Number – *945*2*Old Account Number*New Account Number#
- Account reactivation – *945*#
- Send money to phone – *945*6#
If you want to find out more about your bank’s USSD codes, ensure you put a call across your account officer or bank’s customer care. You will be sent a list of USSD codes that you can use to make transactions. If you have more questions, drop a comment, and you’ll be responded to. If you found this article helpful, consider sharing with your friends.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!