The Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) is hosting the 2023 Edition of SBN’s Annual pitch competition in partnership with FATE Foundation. FATE Foundation is the longest-running enterprise support organization with over 22 years of delivering pre-incubation, incubation, and accelerator programs.
The project is a Business Model Research project and is part of a larger program grant of EUR80m focussed on six African countries (Benin, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Uganda)
The aim of this partnership is to identify innovative business models that are focused on accelerating low-income consumer’s access to nutritious food while being profitable; that is, the approach that can enable a company to capture value (and thus be profitable) while still providing the food at a price the customers are able and willing to pay. In addition, the project will provide technical assistance to entrepreneurs in the nutrition space to strengthen their capacity and develop their business models leveraging on innovation to improve access to nutritious foods in Nigeria.
- Must be a Nigerian citizen (male or female).
- Must be between the ages of 25 and 50 as of January 2024.
- Must be the Founder, Owner manager, or CEO of a growth-stage agribusiness. venture. (Only one applicant per business will be accepted).
- Should have their Agribusiness focused on Nutrition and Innovation.
- Should have a good business model that focuses on reaching low-income consumers.
- Should have a unique/innovative marketing strategy.
- Should have a minimum of three (3) full-time highly skilled staff in a managerial capacity (excluding part-time staff and low/semi-skilled staff).
- Must have their Agribusiness venture registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and be currently operating and generating income.
- Must be available to participate FULL-TIME in the one-week boot camp and ALL other activities required throughout the program.
Benefits of SBN-Fate Foundation Business Pitch Competition
- One Week Pitch Readiness Bootcamp
- GAP Advisory Sessions
- Growth Plan Development
- Pitch Competition
- CEO Fireside Chat
- Series of Workshops and Masterclass Sessions (see program highlights for details on this)
- 4 months Hand-holding Mentorship Community.
- Access to our Alumni Community post-graduation
N10,000,000 Naira to be shared amongst winners of the Pitch Competition
Application Deadline: December 3rd, 2023.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!