CyberGirls Fellowship is a free 1-year fellowship program that equips girls and women aged 18-28 years old with globally sought-after cybersecurity skills, positioning them to start a career in cybersecurity and helping them to seize decent work opportunities within Africa and across the world.
The fellowship is designed to improve the socio-economic well-being of girls in Africa through training, mentorship and placement. During the one-year duration of this fellowship, you will be given hands-on cybersecurity training, become certification-ready, and possibly get paid internship/job shadowing opportunities.
The learning journey begins with cybersecurity fundamentals and moves on to more specialised niche cybersecurity learning paths which fellows will decide on midway through the fellowship.
- Cloud Security
- Critical Infrastructure Security
- Digital Forensics and Threat Intelligence
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- Incident Analysis/Response (SOC Analyst Level 1)
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
You can be a part of the fellowship if you;
- are a Female aged 18 – 28 years old as of the commencement of the fellowship (25th March 2024)
- are a citizen and resident of an African country and passionate about (starting a career in) cybersecurity
- are proficient in English and have completed High school/Secondary school
- can withstand the pressures of an intensive hands-on technical training
- have access to the internet and are willing to devote fully to 8 months of intensive training
- do not have a job in cybersecurity or possess a major cybersecurity certification that can land you one
- are not participating in any similarly timed tech fellowship or boot camp.
Please note: Individuals living with disabilities that do not impede their ability to use a computer are welcome to apply.
For More Information:
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!