The 2022 IMF Youth Fellowship Program gives young participants the chance to join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the world’s economic difficulties and become a part of the global efforts to build forward better. In order to improve their knowledge and communication skills and to share their opinions on the current economic environment, participants will have virtual access to the IMF Annual Meetings and take part in virtual training led by IMF experts and development professionals. The training will center on addressing inclusive growth, food insecurity, inflation, and climate change while constructing a better future for youth.
Ages between 20-35
• Citizen of an IMF Member Country
• Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
• Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
• Content creation and/or contributing to independent platforms
• Knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development issues particularly on inclusive economic growth, food security, inflation, and climate change
• Students or graduates in the field of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics, or related fields
• Basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage)
Related Reading: List of Latest monthly opportunities you can apply for
Both the workshop and the discussions will be online.
Phase I: Fellowship program will open to all via application form on the contest website.
• August 20 (11:59 PM ET) – Deadline for applications
• August 22 – Committee’s selection process begins
• Week of September 12 – Shortlisted participants announcement
Phase II: Selected participants will join a capacity building program during the Annual Meetings.
• October 10 & 11 – Workshops on current global economic issues focusing on inclusive growth, food insecurity and climate change and sessions on communications skills
• Attending the Annual Meetings seminars and events is encouraged to gain broader understanding and knowledge of current economic issues facing the world
• October 13 – Group presentations on selected topics
- Unique and rewarding opportunity for young professionals to meet scholars, activists, leaders and experts while creating lasting connections with other youth fellows from around the world
- Participation in workshops and discussions with senior IMF staff on current global economic issues including inclusive growth, food insecurity, and climate change
- Virtual access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events
- Becoming part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events and publications
How To Apply
Deadline for application is August 20 2022
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!